Book Donation Program
Charlie’s Kids is pleased to offer a Book Donation Program. In order to reach as many families as possible, we have committed to donating 10,000 copies of Sleep Baby Safe and Snug each year to organizations or programs that will use them in a safe sleep education initiative. Criteria and guidelines are listed below. (Charlie’s Kids is donating books only; we will not grant monetary awards.)
- Eligible applicants include but are not limited to: non-profit organizations, public health departments, hospitals or safe sleep advocacy programs.
- Book donation awards will not exceed a total of 960 books (16 cases). This number can include a combination of English and Spanish cases. Awards include delivery or shipping of books.
- Book donation applications will be available online only, using the form below.
- CKF will notify you when your online submission has been received.
- Previous CKF grant recipients will be eligible to apply every three years.
- Previously denied applicants may apply during any subsequent year.
- The online application is secure and will only be accessible to the Charlie’s Kids Foundation Board of Directors.
- CKF reserves the right to make exceptions.
How It Works:
Applications can be submitted any time during the application period, which opens again on February 14 and will be considered by the Charlie’s Kids Outreach Committee. CKF will make every effort to award as many requests as possible; this may mean that organizations receive less than originally requested. Charlie’s Kids will hold two application periods each year, awarding a total of 10,000 books.
All applicants will be notified if an award has been made within 45 days of the application period close date. If awarded books, Charlie’s Kids will work with you to deliver your books at a time and location that works for both CKF and your organization. (Books must be shipped to a single location.)
Share Your Story:
Once you begin using Sleep Baby Safe and Snug, we want to know if you are finding it an effective tool in your program. Six months after being awarded books, we will ask for you to share your outreach, story and feedback. Your story may be used by CKF for education, marketing and our own data collection. We may use your organization’s name and state along with any pictures or digital images you provide to us. We will only identify individuals with your permission.